2414 Level 2
2414 Level 2 is based off of Matthew 24:14 “ And this Gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come”
Proverbs 22:6 Tells us to train our children up in the right way so that they will not depart from it. Our goal is to disciple students while they are in high school in hopes that they will carry it with them in college and beyond.
We started 5 years ago with a few Jr and Sr’s in high school whose hearts for sharing the Gospel went beyond their doors at home. Since then we have taken 5 groups and are working on our 6th group to West Africa. During the course of the year they dive into apologetic discussions, theology, world religions, and discover what other cultures are like. We also have fun !
WHAT WE DO?
Our goal with 2414 is to train students to have a biblical understanding of missions. The Bible is clear that the focus of our international missions work is to be with people groups ( Language Groups) who have little to no access to the gospel. For a further explanation of this idea please see John Piper’s book “ Let the Nations be Glad”. You can also watch this video by our missions pastor Ken for more info on this idea. We train the students to understand different cultures. We teach students apologetics and how to witness in cultures who may not recognize the bible as an authoritative book. We teach students how to use stories like Jesus did to share the gospel.
After a years worth of training we take the students to Africa to work among an unreached people group. They become the leaders as they prepare and plan to spend a week in Africa.
A FEW DETAILS
The criteria to join 2414 is:
- Student needs to be a baptized (Immersion) follower of Jesus Christ.
- Each applicant will need to be a member of Libertylive.church
- Each Student will be active in our student ministry called LSM at one of our 5 campuses. Active means that you attend a small group or Wednesday night worship at least 3-4 weeks of the month.
- Each applicant will need to have the approval of the student pastor of their campus.
- Each student will be in either the 11th or 12th grade.
- Each student will be required to raise a portion of their summer trip. This year 2019-20 the amount is $850, Church pays for the rest of the trip totaling approx. $1200.
- Each student will need to have their parent or guardians approval.
You can apply now for 2414 Level 2. Please fill out the application fully.